The trustworthiness of
Korean medical services
is high.

Dr.Moon

Thread lifting is
effective for creating
a well-defined jawline.

Dr.Choi

Creating a Virtuous Cycle of Beauty - Dr. Moon Sungjun, Director of Lesarts Plastic Surgery

2017-09-21

Recently established Lesarts Plastic Surgery, led by Dr. Moon Sungjun, specializes in lifting and anti-aging surgeries.

Rather than focusing solely on the beauty of specific parts of the face or body, the clinic aims to maximize each individual's aesthetic strengths, emphasizing natural and harmonious beauty that enhances personal uniqueness.

Dr. Moon stated, “Plastic surgeons are not just technicians in the field of beauty, but also doctors, scientists, and ultimately, comprehensive artists. That’s why I named the clinic ‘Les Arts’—French for ‘The Arts.’ Upon entering the field, I realized that many plastic surgery clinics in Korea prefer to perform surgeries quickly and on a large number of patients, similar to a factory assembly line, rather than designing and crafting each procedure like an art piece,” he critiqued.

The clinic is transparent about its operations, sharing updates on its blog, including the progress of its website and the clinic’s opening. Uniquely, Lesarts employs a professional barista. Dr. Moon explained, “The word 'hospital' can evoke discomfort in patients. To reduce this discomfort and provide a relaxed environment, we decided to have a barista on staff. The aroma of coffee itself can help calm people's minds, so we hired a professional barista.”

Lesarts Plastic Surgery also emphasizes professional education for its staff. While doctors provide expert consultations and explanations before surgeries, Dr. Moon believes that the first point of contact—the staff—should possess a certain level of expertise. Without this, visiting customers might feel inconvenienced, leading to confusion and misinformation.

Currently, Lesarts focuses on Seolhwa Lifting and 8mm Eyebrow Lifting.

Seolhwa Lifting is a safe, non-incisional procedure with no pain and a short treatment time. It is suitable for middle-aged patients worried about sagging skin due to aging, such as necklines, sagging cheeks, hollow midfaces, and deep nasolabial folds. This procedure involves a total care program including thread lifting, Ulthera, fat grafting, liposuction, fillers, Botox, skincare, and laser treatments. It is particularly suitable for patients who fear surgery as it does not involve incisions.

The 8mm Eyebrow Lifting procedure addresses forehead wrinkles and drooping eyebrows, providing a painless and semi-permanent lift. Unlike most hospitals that remove sagging skin through excision, this method lifts drooping eyebrows by up to 8mm using an endoscope, requiring only a few small incisions of about 1.5cm along the hairline, leaving minimal scarring post-surgery.

Dr. Moon expressed his ambition, "Through continuous research, I aim to serve as a medium for creating a virtuous cycle of beauty. I also plan to spread my medical philosophy and techniques to many younger colleagues."

Excerpt from MD Journal